This year my valentines have taken on a beach theme. I didn’t really plan it, I was just working around things that I had around the house. I’m fortunate in that both of my kids are at small schools with teeny classes…so I can make slightly more elaborate things without breaking the bank. I definitely wouldn’t be doing these things for a class of 35, but they are fun for the special valentines your kids may have. The other thing I love about these is that they are both great for boys. Girls are easy, because they can give things that are in primary colors and nobody thnks anything of it, but boys are hard. So much of the valentine’s stuff out there is pink and purple and mushy. I’m happy to say these are BOTH great for the little guys (and gals) in your life.
i dig u
i hit the dollar bins at michaels and found some cute shovels to make these with. Here’s what you’ll need:
-small clear bags of some sort
-candy(i bought cady that had wrappers that were in primary colors so they would match my shovels…something to think about. it’s a sickness…I know.)
-cut out heart shapes (an extra large heart punch or die cut machine of some sort works great for these!)
-alphabet stamps (or you can print on the paper with your computer before you punch out the hearts)
-a hole punch
1. put you candy in the bags and seal. punch two holes at the top of the bag about an inch or so apart.
2. string ribbon through hole on the right
3. place candy bag in your shovel and wrap the ribbon around the back of the shovel handle.
4. pull ribbon from behind shovel handle through the hole on the left hand side ofthe candy bag to bring the ribbon together in the front so you can tie a bow.
5. cut out your hearts and stamp with “i dig u”
6. tape hearts to front of candy bag
7. hand out and enjoy!
have a ball, valentine
-string (i used embroidery thread)
these are super easy! i found my beach balls at walmart for 77 cents each. my ribbon is from a giant spool at costco and the tags I made in about 5 minutes in photoshop…good news…here’s a free download of the tags for your own use!
1. take beach balls out of their package and roll up. tape into place.
2. tie ribbon around balls
3. cut out your tags and punch a hole in the top
3. use the string to tie your tags around the knot in the bow to secure them to the balls.
Hope you have a happy valentine’s day!!