make this: tutorial: how to make individual gumball machine party favors and decorations

It has been forever since I promised this tutorial…sorry for the long delay!!:)  The cute Elizabeth over at Swanky Press asked to feature the tutorial…but couldn’t find it on the blog…yeah, that’s cause sometimes I’m a dingbat and forget to post things!! lol!! 😉  These are the cutest little gumball machines that you can use as both decorations and party favors at your next birthday bash.  If your kids are anything like mine, they will LOVE these to take home because they are gum fanatics!!:)

A few simple supplies you will need to create these machines:

-small terra cotta pot and base from your local craft or home improvement store

-small round votive holder (in the glassware/candle holder section at Michaels)

-red spray paint (or the color of your choice)

-E6000 adhesive (also available at your craft store)

-small wooden balls/knobs they are in the wood section of your local craft store.  they are flat on one side making them easy to adhere to your machine

Spray paint the terra cotta pieces and the wood knob and let dry.

Once the pieces have dried, following the instructions on the tube of e6000, glue the wooden knob to the terra cotta pot base as shown in the picture, and the votive holder to the pot as shown.

once the glue has dried you are ready to fill it with gumballs!

can you imagine these lining the table at each place setting?  For only about $2.50 (that includes the gumballs!) you have a darling favor for all your guests.

Have a great day!
tammy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Jennifer V. - July 7, 2012 - 9:17 pm

I made these for a 4th of July party and they turned out SO well. Everyone loved them! I had a huge one as a centerpiece filled with blue/white gumballs, and I had lots of candy for the kids to use and fill up their individual small gumball machines. It was a big hit. Thanks for the tutorial!

April - April 11, 2012 - 10:51 am

I made a Huge version of this for an event. Everyone raved about how awesome it was! They couldn’t believe it was a flower pot — GENIUS! My daughter is having a “Sweets” Themed birthday and I plan on making smaller versions for decorations.

Tammy - December 1, 2011 - 6:01 pm

Hi Amber!
Hmmm.. I haven’t had that problem with things that I have spray painted in the past, so I’m not sure what to tell you. I always use Krylon paint…not sure if that makes a difference. Have you considered spraying on a matte or glossy finish coat on top of your paint to see if that might help? Krylon makes a great matte finish. Once your paint is dry (give it 24 hours to really dry) then just spray it with the finish and let that dry. It might solve your problem.

good luck!! :)

Amber - November 22, 2011 - 9:17 am

I’ve made these before, but the spray paint always stays tacky, even after its dry. Any tips?

Gumball Machines - August 4, 2011 - 2:35 pm

I’ve seen a lot of tutorials with wood and drilling… i like how simple this tutorial is and the colors by far make it one of my fav diy gumball machine projects :-)
Thank you.
Amer – Gumball Machine Warehouse.

createwithmom - August 1, 2011 - 3:22 pm

cute idea :)

Delia - July 29, 2011 - 4:59 pm

oh I love it!!!:)thank you!

Your email is never published or shared. Required fields are marked *

There was an error submitting your comment. Please try again.

I N F O
P i n k   P e p p e r m i n t   P r i n t s